Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Updates

Hello! I have a few things to blog today. First, our house now has sheet rock and our bricks have been delivered, although not yet actually on the house. We're hoping to go down on Sunday and see if it's all "bricked".


We also have our garage door!Daddy and Mariska next to the garage door and our "nitch" that will probably be home to a potted orchid.Our living room windows, "bar", and back door.Our kitchen and decorative "space" in our ceiling, we still don't know what will go in it, but it's nice to have.



And below is a random picture of Mariska saying, "cheese"




I also had my appointment today. I had my ultrasound and it was so neat to see how the baby is developing. It was a little hard to get the heartbeat on the ultrasound because it kept moving. It was so cool to see... it kept putting it's little webbed hand up to it's face and when it did you could see tiny, itty bitty finger bones inside it's hand. It also "looked up" for a split second and I saw a perfectly formed tiny face. Everything is going well with the baby's growth, although my subchorionic hemorrhage has actually gotten bigger. So now I'm pretty much as close to bed rest as you can get. I can walk around to make lunch and sorts, but I can't lift Mariska and things like that. We're really praying and hoping that it will be cleared up by my next appointment (next wed) because I'm afraid if it hasn't that I might actually hear the words "bed rest" and I don't want it to come to that. I have to thank Brent for all his support and help as I can't do as much right now. It's turned out to be a big blessing that his summer job was a flop, because he is definitely needed at home. We are still completely faithful and confident that things will turn out fine. My earlier blessing did also say to listen to my doctors and work with them through the pregnancy, I guess "taking it really really easy" goes into doing that. Our home teacher is also coming tomorrow night (thurs) and I'm going to ask Brent and him to give me a blessing for the "sick", since there is actually a medical need now. We do have two home teachers, but the other is on his honeymoon this week! Anyway, that's the baby news for now... here he or she is...


Also on a really random note, I just thought this was hilarious and that I would share. If anyone is familiar with Brian Regan, you might be familiar with his bit on combining sentences.... such as "take care" and "good luck" turning into "take luck"... Brent had a funny experience at work with this very phenomenon this week. What makes it funny is keeping in mind that he's in a room with twenty 11 year olds. He accidentally combined the phrases, "you guys are driving me nuts" with "you guys are getting on my nerves" and came out with "You guys are getting on my nuts!"... I really wish I could have seen the look on his students faces! (Brent describes it as dumbfounded shock)

9 comments:

Maxine Parrish said...

1. I'm so excited for you guys and your house! It's coming together really well!

2. So sad about the bed rest, but it has to feel just a little good to have a very legitimate excuse to lie around and do nothing! Just lay that guilt aside and enjoy it while you can, because you know you're not going to get another second of freedom like this until your kids are 18.

3. Um, I think my love for Brent has skyrocketed with that little anecdote. Collin thoroughly appreciated it, too. Awesome, Brent! You're number one!

Jess said...

Mariska is so adorable & growing up so fast. So is Nathan Jr. I know I'm so greatful we have a room for BOTH our kids now instead of our tiny appartment. I'm sure you are stoked about it! The house looks spacious.

Can I just say...I think its a Boy! I know I already voted, but I can't help but say so too, but we'll see! I have a theory about the look of the forehead....I think girls usually get their dad's forehead & boys get their mom's. Usually. Anyhoot, thats what made me think we were having a girl since the "tiny bean figure" looked like she had Nathan Sr's forehead at 8 1/2 weeks along.

oh...and how embarrassing for Brent! I'm so glad he can be home with you more! Nathan Jr's cries so hard when I tell him I don't want to pick him up cuz he's "heavy." I hope things improve too! You'll be in our prayers.

Amber said...

How does one even try to explain that to 11 years olds?
I'll testify for Brent if there's a problem!

Must be another girl---drama queen.

Budenieks Family said...

Just as a little side note, I just asked Savannah What Auntie Erika Should name the new baby and She said Fart Bacon. I have no Idea.

Amy said...

Haha...Fart Bacon. Little baby Fart. That's a good one.

Erika said...

Thanks, but we've got our own ideas!

Budenieks Family said...

Are you sure? Fart Bacon Rasmussen HAs a certain Ring to it.

P.s. I have no Idea. She had to have just picked totwo most random words and put them together.

Jess said...

I cracked up so hard when I read Fart Bacon. Thanx for making me laugh today!

Jess said...

Oh & I'm sorry if my comment was too forward about the babies gender! I wasn't trying to dash your hopes if you were wanting another baby girl?

Are you hoping for either gender? Or do ya not wanna say? Thats okay if ya don't. I just didn't want to ruin any hope of a girl cuz thats what it might be still right? Anyway I was so anxious to find out myself, so I can't help it!