I've noticed that I've certainly had a major increase in my desire to get the house clean and ready. Of course it's difficult for me to "hop to" after not sleeping through the nights and through the belly/back pain.... but I WANT to get things ready more then ever. I have all the baby clothes organized and arranged in her room, but I have yet to get out all the blankets, bottles, and other baby "supplies". A lot of that has to do with the continual fight I know it will bring with Mariska to "Stay out!" of all the stuff. At the same time, while I know she's going to want to play with things, she hasn't made a huge mess of Brynley's clothes I've done and I'd kind of like to pull everything out and get it ready so that it's not such a huge transition for her when the baby does come. I'd like to get her used to having baby stuff around, just to help the change not be all at once.
Today I've had a big urge to pack my bags for the hospital, which I think is jumping the gun a bit. I think I'm going to wait until after my appointment on Wed to do that. I have an ultra sound this wed the 19th because at my last appointment I was measuring 2 cmm too big. At my 32 week appointment I was normal at 33cm... then 2 weeks later I jumped to 37 cm. Which, as I understand things, you should only grow about 1 cm a week... So they are going to measure the amniotic fluid and get a weight estimate on Brynley. I've had a very hard time not getting my hopes up and fantasizing about having to deliver early for some reason or another! I know this won't happen but it's hard for me to not daydream about the doctor coming in and saying, "Well the ultrasound showed this (insert any reason) and so I'd like to go ahead and induce".... I would mostly love this so I won't be pregnant anymore, but also because Brent has the whole week of Thanksgiving off and I'd love for him to be home that long after she's born.
Anyway, those are my thoughts for the week. I have a big list now of things I need to get done before she's here, but mostly I need to clean my nasty house. I better get going and I guess Mariska needs to eat at some point today!
6 comments:
I love nesting!!
Why is it such a rare urge? It is needed at least once a year, but I've only REALLY had it once!
As for the ultrasound? I am still crossing my fingers for a surprise twin. Ha, Ha!!!
I never did the nesting thing for some reason :( I can't believe you are measuring big! Hopefully it's Brynley and not fluid. I'm curious about you appointment on the 19th. Keep me up to date!
P.S. Are you guys done with the whole plant as a middle name thing?
We liked Sequoia and Rose for a middle name, but ultimately we liked Anne better... both our mom's middle names are Anne. I'm hoping I'm just getting fat versus it being brynley!!! I'm scared enough for labor/delivery, I don't want her too big!!
How big was Mariska?
7 1/2 pounds exactly... we induced the day I turned 39 weeks.
Nathan said he had a brilliant business idea.....Start a Maid service & only hire "nesting" Pregnant Ladies. I had our house so clean before she was born, you could have eaten off the floor! You won't regret being as prepared as you can I'm sure!
Post a Comment